Friday, March 16, 2007

VISA "Breakthrough" campaign


I did these drawing for a company called Arc Worldwide in San Francisco. They had a project that needed a sketch/layout artist and they gave the job to me. VISA was doing a new campaign for small business credit cards called "Breakthrough". I was told that I was to draw two scenarios. They had chosen a female chef and a male contractor. I was told what type of scenes they wanted for each scenario. An example would be contractor at his desk, a chef cooking, etc. The description was very open. I was not given any reference and was asked to do these quickly. The art director loved the sketches. He especially loved the detail and attention put into the backgrounds.
The drawings were then shown to VISA and they loved them as well. I was offered the job of flushing out more scenarios but I had to decline. I accepted a full time job as Head of Marketing at Fireclay Tile.

1 comment:

Owen Shea said...

wow dude, what's the process? Is it pen and ink first, or are you just working in illustrator?